Reform Party of Arizona
Entitlements Platform for National Candidates
The Executive Committee and at least 70% of the entire State Committee of the RPA
have provisionally approved this document for publication. It is proposed for formal approval
at the next Reform Party of Arizona State Convention. This platform applies to candidates
seeking to represent Arizona in the United States Senate and House of Representatives.
In recognition of the distinctly different constitutional roles played by national and
state/local elected officials, a separate platform will be developed for state and local
Please address all questions, comments, and suggestions to:
We shall return fiscal integrity to trust funds such as Social Security, Medicare, government retirements and all programs dealing with future obligations to individual citizens.
- Fulfill the promises and obligations of the old system and ensure that current retirees' benefits are not reduced.
- Phase out the old pay-as-you-go system, and create a new system of private accounts using federally supervised, individually controlled investment options.
- Maintain a safety net which insures a minimum pension to those who have met the requirements.
- Require all new entrants to the labor force to join the new system. Those under the current system may join voluntarily.
- Insure the long-term solvency of the social security program by forbidding the use of FICA tax revenues for discretionary spending. Social Security Trust Fund surpluses maybe used to establish individually controlled savings accounts.
- Prohibit politicians from including Social Security Trust Fund surpluses in unified budget calculations.
- Educate the American public about Social Security reform to ensure the public understands the issues before enacting any reform.
- Develop a personal savings account plan such as the Hickman/Orlando Social Security Reform Act.
- Reduce medical care inflation through pilot testing of market-based reforms including managed care, medical savings accounts and creation and regulation of private insurance.
- End subsidies for the health care of the wealthy.
- Bring federal government retirements and benefits in line with private sector.
- Remove all trust funds from the budget and demand an individual accounting.